My friend Stewart LOVES my Chicken Chili. My hubs thinks it’s pretty awesome as well. I started making this delicious soup when we went to a Christmas Eve party and someone had made a pot of it. We instantly were hooked. Now I will tell you that this soup is H-O-T! Spicy hot that is, so if you don’t like it spicy, you may not want to make this.
2 bone in chicken breasts boiled and shredded
1 can green chiles
2 boxes of chicken broth (or you can use your own stock)
2 cans of great northern beans
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Sour Cream, for garnish
Cilantro for garnish
1. Put oil in the bottom of soup pot.
2. Add onion. Cook until tender
3. Add garlic and green chiles. Cook for 1 minute. Stir so you don’t burn garlic!
4. Add cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Stir so as not to burn the garlic.
5. Add chicken broth and beans.
6. Add shredded chicken and 1 cup of the monterey jack cheese.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Let simmer on the stove for about 30 minutes. Then enjoy!
9. garnish with fresh cilantro and sour cream.
Hope you enjoy!