Doesn’t this taco look fabulous? My whole family raved about how delicious they were.
I got my inspiration off of Food Network’s show, What Would Brian Boitano Do? He had fixed Carne Asadas and had used both a soft shell and a crunchy shell. The lightbulb went off and I knew exactly what I was going to do.
To fix these tacos, you need a few things first:
These along with your chicken are the main ingredients! The other ingredients you need to make these scrumptious tacos are:
- small round corn tortillas
- small round flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- taco sauce (if you want it on there)
- oil for frying
- The night before, prep your chicken according to the package directions on the back of the fajita seasoning and place in the fridge. It is important to use the Wal-Mart brand. It has the best flavor so far (and I have tried several kinds).
- When you are ready to prepare your tacos, prepare your chicken by sauteing it until it is done and no longer pink. Set aside.
- Fry as many corn tortillas as your family will need. You will use one for each taco. Fry them until they are slightly crisp but not burnt. Cover them with aluminum foil and allow them to set.
- Warm as many flour tortillas as your family will want. One tortilla will be used for each taco. Wrap in aluminum foil and set aside.
- Grate your cheese if you need to.
- Chop your tomatoes
- Chop up a little cilantro
- Slice an avocado
- The last step before assembly is to heat the nacho cheese sauce in a saucepan. Do not add anything to it. Just dump it in the pan and heat–trust me. It’s good!
Take a flour tortilla and smear it with some of the nacho cheese sauce. Place one crispy corn tortilla on top of that. Top those tortillas with chicken, tomato, cheese, avocado, and whatever other ingredients you want to throw on there. Right before folding it, sprinkle cilantro on top!
You have now created a double decker taco!