Photo courtesy of Paula Deen Magazine
My first taste of green bean bundles came about 6 years ago at a women’s luncheon I attended. These things are delicious! They are also festive and make a great appetizer as well if you don’t want to use them as a side item. However, I am serving them alongside my taters and gravy this year for Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoy this yummy dessert!
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans whole green beans, drained
- 1 pound bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Wrap 7 green beans with bacon and place in prepared dish. Repeat, using all the green beans and bacon.
- Combine butter with brown sugar. Pour over green bean bundles and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- If you want to crisp the bacon a little more, turn the broiler on for a few minutes after removing the foil.