Last night, I tried my hand at making homemade pancake syrup. 4 on hand ingredients is all it takes! The best part is how delicious thus syrup tastes. It’s like you are eating real maple syrup!
You will have to excuse my bottle. When I ran out of store bought, I just reused my bottle.
To make homemade syrup, all you need is:
2 cups of warm water
1 cup of brown sugar
3 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon maple flavoring
To mix up the syrup, follow these directions:
• In a 2 quart saucepan, mix together the waters and sugars.
• Put the pan on the stove over medium heat. Stir until it comes to a rolling boil.
• Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Do not stir it during this time.
• Remove from the heat and let it set on the counter with the lid off for 15 minutes.
• After 15 minutes add the maple flavoring. Store in any used and clean bottle or jar.