Last week while visiting my local farmer’s market, I grabbed a few zuchinni. I had planned on making some kind of roasted vegetable dish, but never got there!
Instead, I made a delicious zuchinni bread–which has become one of my favorite sweet treats!
While this bread is still a sweet bread, I love it that my kids are getting a dose of veggies and don’t even realize it. In fact, I used 4 whole zuchinni (they were small) in this recipe.
Hide the veggies in the food to get the kids to eat them!
That is a secret I have always done and it works wonders for getting the kiddos to eat their veggies!
Here is the recipe. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Add oil, brown sugar, zucchini, and vanilla; stir well. Blend in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour. Cool.
This recipe is linked to: