This month, I thought I was going to have a really hard time finding something to make on the blog I was assigned. As soon as I seen the tag line on Angela’s Kitchen~”Cooking Gluten and Dairy Free. . . because Everyone Deserves a Cookie” I knew I was in trouble. . . . or so I thought.
I looked around for a bit and landed on THIS recipe and immediately fell in love. I had this idea in my mind that healthy meant no flavor, but Angela showed me that you can eat gluten free and dairy free and your food still taste like restaurant quality!
So let me introduce you to Chicken Bacon Apple Sliders.
hello lover! Come to momma!
These little burgers were SO moist and delicious. The apples gave it a punch of flavor and kept the chicken from drying out. We of course, added cheese to ours because we are cheese lovers here in my home!
Here is the recipe. You need to try these sliders. For real.
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 medium granny smith apple, cored and shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely minced celery
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, stir shredded apple with celery, poultry seasoning, pepper, and salt until blended. Mix in honey, chicken, and crumbled cooked bacon. Combine until well mixed, but do not overmix. Shape chicken mixture into 1/2-inch-thick sliders, using 1/8th pound of meat per slider.
- To freeze, place sliders on a baking sheet lined with plastic wrap. Place in the coldest part of the freezer. When frozen through, divide and place into indicated number of freezer bags separated by waxed paper.
- To serve: Prepare outdoor grill on medium, or heat a lightly oiled pan at medium-high heat on stove. Cook sliders 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.