When Christmas rolls around, I always start thinking about ham. I love those spiral sliced hams that you can get at most local grocery stores. They have a decadent flavor that just really makes my mouth water.
For years, I have always just stuck with using the spice pack that comes with the ham for the glaze portion, but a couple of years ago, I started making my own glaze to suite my taste buds. The powdered glaze from the pack just had a flavor that I wasn’t really hyped up about, so I created the glaze recipe below.
This holiday season, if you make any kind of ham–you have to make this one!
- 1 spiral sliced ham
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 large orange, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pineapple rings for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ham in a roasting pan.
- In a pot, combine brown sugar, pineapple juice, honey, orange juice, orange zest, Dijon mustard, and ground cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Place pineapple rings on ham. Bake ham in the oven uncovered for 2 hours. During the cooking process, brush ham with glaze every thirty minutes for 2 hours. During the last 30 minutes brush the ham with glaze every 10 minutes.
- Serve ham alongside your favorite holiday sides.