I made a fabulous new recipe this week. It was to die for! No joke. I love chicken taco soup. In fact, I love anything that has to do with Mexican cuisine. There has not been much that I have tried Mexican that I don’t like.
I had heard about this soup from someone else and I had tried it with ground beef, but it just was not as good as I would have liked it to be. So I experimented until I finally found the recipe that I loved the most!
This soup is relatively cheap to make. It creates a bunch so you can either freeze some for a later date, or just serve it at a potluck, or feed it to your big family.
Grab all your ingredients
1 (16ounce) can chili beans
1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 (15 ounce) can corn (drained)
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 (10 ounce cans) rotel tomatoes
1 pkg taco seasoning
3-4 cups cooked chicken cut up
Cook your chicken
(I usually do mine in a bowl in the microwave for about 17 minutes)
While the chicken is cooking, rinse your beans.
I don’t know about you, but I think bean juice is horrible. BLECH! Rinse them really good
Now, dump all the ingredients into the crockpot while the chicken is cooling.
Chop the chicken up and add it to the crockpot . Mix it all together and let it cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Top with the Zippy tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole! YUM
- 1 (16ounce) can chili beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10 ounce cans) rotel tomatoes
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken cut up
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot for 3-4 hours on low. Serve with cheese, zippy tortilla chips, guacamole, and sour cream.