I’ve really been trying to utilize my cookbooks a lot as well as the magazines I get filled with recipes. I new favorite is Bon Apetit. I always thought this was a magazine that was just too complicated to understand. However, I have learned that the recipes are so easy to make and I love drooling over the photos.
My latest potato creation is this recipe–Rustic Potato Pie. At first, I did not think it would turn out that good, but oh my stars! It is heaven.
Rustic Potato Pie is made with thinly sliced potatoes, onions, bacon fat and salt and pepper. You cannot go wrong with that combination of ingredients. In fact, they are lethal!
Adapted from Bon Apetit Magazine
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, divided, plus more for pan
- 2 tablespoons rendered bacon fat, melted
- 1 teaspoon (or more) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/8"-thick slices with a mandoline or V-slicer
- 1 small sweet onion, very thinly sliced
- Arrange a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 425°. Brush parchment-lined baking sheet with butter.
- Melt bacon fat in a large bowl and add 2 Tbsp. butter, 1 tsp. salt, and pepper. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Arrange 1/4 of potatoes in an even layer in a circle on baking sheet, overlapping as needed.
- Toss onion in a large bowl with 1 Tbsp. melted butter.
- Arrange 1/3 of onion over potatoes.
- Repeat layers twice more, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Bake until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. Brush with 1 Tbsp. butter. Bake until edges of potatoes are deep golden and top is crisp, 5–10 minutes longer.
- Run a thin spatula under potatoes to loosen from parchment paper.
- Slide onto a platter. Season with salt, if desired.
This post is linked to: Potluck Friday, Fat Camp Friday, Sweet Tooth Friday, Food Fridays, Friday Favorites, Foodie Fridays, Feasting in Fellowship Friday, Fun with Food Friday, What’s Cooking in the Kitchen, Who Made What Weekends, Foodie Fridayy , Food Trip Friday, Fresh, Clean, and Pure Fridays, Food Fridays, Fusion Fridays, Fresh Food Friday, Friday Food,