A couple of weeks ago, Kayla and I had a girls night in while the guys were out doing guy things. We love when we have these nights to ourselves because it gives us the opportunity to create new foods and spend some quality mommy daughter time together.
We both were in a pasta mood so I decided to do some browsing and find a delicious new pasta recipe. I came upon a Baked Lemon Pasta recipe from the Pioneer Woman that I knew I could twist and adapt to fit our style.
I loved the flavors of this creamy and delicious Lemon Pasta. I did not bake mine as the Pioneer Woman did and it still turned out fabulous. This one is quickly becoming a favorite among my daughter and I.
A delicious and yummy pasta dish that will make your spaghetti noodles love you forever!
- 1 box of Spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Lemon, Juiced And Zested
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, Or More To Taste
- Plenty Of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
- Extra Lemon Juice
- Cook spaghetti. If you like it al dente, then cook it like that. Be sure and salt your water before putting your spaghetti in so that it absorbs the salty water flavor. Drain your pasta and reserve a cup of the cooking liquid. Set everything aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium low heat. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat.
- Add your sour cream to the butter mixture. Add lemon zest and salt. Stir everything together and then taste. You might want to add some more salt if it needs it. Pour sour cream mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together. If the sauce seems to thick, use some of the pasta water to loosen it up a bit.
- Move it to a beautiful serving bowl and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the pasta one more time.
I served this pasta dish with some bread that I got on sale and a delicious Spinach and Strawberry salad (recipe coming soon).
This entire meal costs me around $6 to make for the entire family (enough to feed a family of 6-8)! It was filling, delicious and so inexpensive that I will be making this again real soon!
What have you made lately?