This month has been absolutely crazy for me. Normally by now I have my recipe picked out, cooked, and the link sent in to our fabulous host, Amanda. However, with Internet problems, catering a Valentine’s dinner and work — I have fallen way behind.
I didn’t get to cook my meal until just yesterday! YIKES! I was pushing it. I sat down Saturday and browsed the pages of Mostly Food and Crafts - the blog I was assigned this month. She has so many delicious recipes that I drooled over but the one that caught my eye was this one for Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken and Biscuits. I knew that this would be the perfect recipe to try for a Sunday dinner! I had a very full day yesterday and was wondering how in the world I was going to fit dinner in there somewhere. Thanks to Danielle, my dilemma was solved!
This recipe was absolutely fabulous! The chicken was moist and the flavors just went together so perfectly. It’s like a chicken pot pie, but cooked in the slow cooker.
I did change a few of the components because I don’t like celery or peas, so I added green beans instead. Next time, I think I might add potato chunks!
Here is the recipe. Hope you enjoy!
This is a great meal to fix for Sunday dinner! You will come home to a delicious smelling meal that will be ready to eat in minutes.
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 8)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 6 biscuits, split
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a Slow cooker,combine the carrots, onion, and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with the poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the broth to the pot. Cover the slow cooker and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 1⁄2 to 3 hours.
- About thirty minutes before serving, prepare the biscuits.
- Ten minutes before serving, remove the chicken and shred into bite sized pieces and then add it back to the slow cooker you will also add the cream, and ½ teaspoon salt and stir to combine. Cover and cook until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in shallow bowls, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves.