I’ve been sharing with you all the wonderful recipes I’ve been making with McCormick’s spices. This one is another one of my favorites! The cream cheese layer really bumps up the flavor in these decadent brownies. If you like liquor in your desserts, this recipe is originally made with Irish Creme, but I do not so I omitted that and just added a little more vanilla.
So delicious and moist!
- 1 package (18 to 20 ounces) fudge brownie mix
- 2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Green Food Color
- 1. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package, adding1 teaspoon of vanilla. Reserve 1 cup batter. Spread remaining batter in greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- 2. Beat cream cheese, remaining vanilla and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add egg and food color; beat until well blended. Pour over brownie layer in pan. Drop reserved 1 cup batter by spoonfuls over cream cheese layer. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- 3. Bake as directed on package for 9-inch square baking pan. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares. Serve with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Disclosure: I was sent McCormick’s spices in order to create these recipes. All opinions are my own.