Ooey and gooey. Warm and nutty. Sticky and grape flavored. Yep– I’m talking about a good old fashioned PB&J sandwich. But — what if you kicked it up a notch (as Emeril would say) and made it into a quesadilla? Bet ya didn’t know you could create that into a delicious meal! Enjoy this recipe for a PB&J Quesadilla.
- 2 small (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of jam
- Spread the peanut butter on one tortilla.
- Spread the jam on the other tortilla.
- Press the two pieces together to make a sandwich.
- Toast the tortillas on each side in a pan until browned and crisp.
- Remove from the pan and slice into wedges like a pizza with a pizza cutter.
This recipe is one of the many that I found mouthwatering in a new cookbook I received in the mail (you know me and my cookbooks)! Tortillas to the Rescue Cookbook goes way beyond the Mexican classics, showing you how to make dozens of tortilla creations:
• Philly Cheese Steak Tacos
• Caviar-Edamame Nachos
• Shrimp Po’ Boy Wrap
• Pork Tortilla Wontons
• Carne Asada and French Fry Burritos
• Smoked Salmon and Egg Stackers
• Mozzarella, Olive and Tomato Pizza-Dillas
• Crunchy Cilantro Slaw
• Spiced Sausage Lasagna
• Chocolate-Ricotta Cannoli
• Churros with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce
Packed with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips, Tortillas to the Rescue teaches you to take that pack of tortillas you already have in the fridge and quickly and easily turn them into something amazing.
I received a copy of this book in order to write my review. All opinions listed are my own.