I love little bite sized food. It makes me feel like I can eat more of it and not feel so guilty I purchased some little cocktail weenies in bulk not too long ago and created several recipes, this one being my favorite. Hmmm — crescent rolls, cocktail weenies, and me? It is THE perfect trio! Pigs in a Blanket are a great appetizer.
Many times though, my family and I will plan an appetizer night of foods and fix all of our favorites. We line the counter up with all of our delicious little hand held delicacies and then dig in! We combine this with movie night and game night. It creates a great family memory to last a life time.
You can also make these super cheap by finding coupons for the items you need. Buy them when they are on sale and then when you need a quick food to take somewhere, whip these Pigs in a Blanket up and take them with you to a potluck, tailgate party, or even to a church function (the little kids LOVE my small hand-held snacks!)
Hope you enjoy this recipe for Pigs in a Blanket!
- 1 package of cocktail weenies (like Little Smokies)
- 2 tubes of crescent roll dough
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate the crescent rolls into triangles. Cut each triangle into smaller triangles (you should have 32 by the time you are finished.)
- Wrap each weenie in a triangle.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Have you ever made anything similar to Pigs in a Blanket?