I have never eaten Gazpacho before. It always sounded too fancy for me. In fact, I would watch them make it on tv and think, “man I wish I could make that”!
Thanks to Pomi Tomatoes, I can now say that I am a veteran at making the delicious Gazpacho!
What is Gazpacho?
According to Wikipedia, Gazpacho is a tomato-based, vegetable soup traditionally served cold, originating in the southern Spanish region of Andalucía. Gazpacho is widely consumed in Spanish cuisine, as well as in neighboring Portugal, where it is known as gaspacho. Gazpacho is mostly consumed during the summer months, due to its refreshing qualities and cold serving temperature.
I’ve been trying to find better alternatives to canned products, so when I first heard about Pomi Tomatoes, I was completely intrigued. Everything I received came in boxes instead of jars or cans, which helps keep it safe and healthy for you.
Thanks to their delicious products, I was able to create a wonderul tasting summertime soup!
- 2 medium sized cucumber
- 2 red bell peppers
- 26 oz container Pomi Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves – minced
- ½ teas basil
- ¼ cup champagne or white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Halve, seed and roughly chop the cucumber, but leave the peel on for the green color.
- Core, seed and roughly chop the bell peppers and the onions chopped into a rough dice.
- Put all the vegetables (with the exception of a little bit for garnish at the end) with the garlic, basil and a 26 oz container of Pomi Chopped Tomatoes into a food processor and pulse until it is chopped, but has plenty of texture to it.
- Do not over process the vegetables.
- Add the vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and chill before serving.
- Garnish with some of the chopped veggies
Be sure to check out Pomi Tomatoes online!
I was sent products to try out in order to write my review. All opinions remain my own.
This recipe has been shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Delicious Dishes, Get Your Craft On, Tasty Tuesdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Titus Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, Tip Me Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Make It Yours Day, Too Cute Tuesdays, Take a Look Tuesdays, Tea Party Tuesday, The Inspiration Board, and Tasteful Tuesday