One of my favorite meals is steak. I could eat it morning, noon, and night. Seriously. I don’t because that much red meat is not good for you. But if I could, I would definitely do it! What is better than just steak, is pairing with grilled mushrooms. Steak with mushrooms is THE ultimate dinner.
Tips for Grilling the Perfect Steak
Here are a few tips for grilling the perfect steak:
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator about 30 to 40 minutes before cooking. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow the steaks to come to room temperature.
- Marinate them in either Terriyaki Sauce for a delicious flavor, or Worchestershire sauce for a more subtle flavor.
- Season both sides of the steak with Lemon and pepper and garlic salt
- Most people will tell you not to flip your steaks but once, but my hubby is an A-One griller and he flips his steaks several times. The secret though is to let the steaks get their char on before flipping.
- Telling when a steak is done is not an exact science. An instant-read meat thermometer is most accurate way; insert it into the center of the steak. Rare is 110 to 115 degrees; medium-rare, 120 degrees; medium, 125 to 130 degrees; medium-well, 130 to 135 degrees; and well, 140 degrees. (Err on the low side, since steaks will continue to cook when removed from the grill.) Allow the meat to rest for 3 to 4 minutes before serving, to allows the juices to emerge from the center.
- Top the steak off with a pat of butter while it is resting.
- 4 ribeye steaks with great marbeling in them
- Your choice of marinade
- lemon pepper
- garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Allow steaks to rest for 30 minutes.
- Place steaks in marinade for 30 minutes.
- Season with lemon and pepper and garlic salt.
- Grill to your desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and allow steak to rest about 5 minutes
- Dab with one tablespoon of butter while steaks are resting.