Tonight, I made a few new dishes for our Chinese meal. Homemade sweet-n-sour sauce, coconut chicken, and this delicious, “tastes just like takeout” Crockpot Beef and Broccoli.
I will tell you that when you go to the store to look for Beef Consumme, go directly to the Campbell’s soup aisle. I walked aisle after aisle before Googling it on my phone and finding it. I will save you the trouble and just tell you where to get it!
My daughter would not keep her fork out of the crockpot. I kept telling her to wait for supper but she said she was starving.
Next time, I am going to add slivered carrots and red pepper strips to it I think.
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consumme
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ****Put the following ingredients in after the first cook time of 6-8 hours***
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
- Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
- Hot cooked rice
- Slice beef in thin slices (doing this from a half frozen roast and then place beef in a crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- At the end of your cook time, stir cornstarch and sauce in a cup until combined and then pour in the crockpot with the beef and sauce.
- Mix it together until smooth.
- Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine. (also add any other veggies at this time as well)
- Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
This post is participating in these hops: Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays
Tuesdays at the Table
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Hearth and Soul Hop
Tasty Tuesday Link Party
This Week’s Cravings
Totally Tasty Tuesday
Try a New Recipe Tuesday
Kids in the Kitchen