I loving creating homemade Chinese takeout from home. It is so much cheaper and the taste is something you just wouldn’t believe. Before now, anytime I made Sweet N Sour Chicken, I always bought my sauce from the store because I thought it was hard to make. The other night, I made a sauce for my chicken that is TO DIE FOR. If you make this delicious Homemade Sweet N Sour Sauce, you will never go back to store bought again.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
- To coat the chicken you will need
- 5 chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- For the Sauce You Will Need
- ¾ cups sugar
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- ½ cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- For the chicken
- Rinse chicken and then cut into 1 inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into cornstarch and coat all the way and then into eggs.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Cook chicken until just starting to turn brown, but not done all the way. Place in a 9x13 baking dish.
- For the Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk until smooth then pour evenly over chicken.
- Turn chicken so the sauce gets on both sides and then put in the oven and cook for one hour. Baste chicken and move around every fifteen minutes so chicken can get sauce all over it.
- By the time the hour rolls around the chicken will be nice and sticky with sauce and delicious!
Next time you want Chinese, don’t order out. Make your own and LOVE the fact that you know what is in your sauces and food that you are feeding your family