This month for the Secret Recipe Club challenge, I was able to choose one of my son’s favorite snacks in the world – Muddy Buddies! This recipe came from Little Bit of Everything — and let me tell you, there is a little bit of everything on this site!
Recipes range from scrumptious homemade corn muffins, delicious desserts, and perfect pastas. However through all of that, I chose the Cake Batter Muddy Buddies. They were calling my name.
- 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 10 ounces (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark
- ¾ cup yellow cake mix
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin if desired.
- Pour Almond Bark over cereal, stirring and folding until the cereal is completely covered.
- In a large bag or covered container such as Tupperware, put cake mix and powdered sugar and shake to mix evenly.
- Pour the Almond Bark covered cereal into the large bag or container containing cake mix and powdered sugar. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.
- Discard excess powdered sugar.
I had never heard of Cake Batter Muddy Buddies so I was intrigued. I left out the Sprinkles this time, but next time I definitely will make sure they get added in.
Be sure to check out other recipes on the site of Little Bit of Everything. I am telling you — there are TONS of great recipes there. Just have to click back over there now and pick out a few to make.