I have been baking like a mad woman today — 3 pies (one of which I am sharing with you today — Chocolate Pecan Pie), sweet potatoes, one of my two turkeys, eggs for all kinds of things, cornbread for dressing — and the list just keeps going! AHHH!
My sanity will return sometime this weekend!
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
In the meantime, I wanted to share this yummy recipe I made today. It is HEAVENLY!
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover bottom of pie crust with pecans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and melted butter. Add the corn syrup, sugar, and the chopped chocolate. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Pour mixture into the pie shell over the pecans and place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for an additional 25 minutes or until pie is set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
I have a couple of more recipes to share with you over the weekend — Chess Pie, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, Southern Cornbread Dressing, and jellied cranberry sauce. Then next week, I will share some leftover recipes with you that I created with our TONS of turkey that I happen to be cooking.
Have a Happy Tanksgiving (as Madea says!)