There is a one pot meal that my husband loves more than anything. He has grown up eating this stuff since he was a little guy. That one pot wonder is Goulash. There are many ways to make this delicious meal, but an older family friend who I found out is now 84 years old — her recipe is the best one BY FAR that I have ever tasted.
It took me like 5 years to get her to give me the recipe because she kept forgetting, and finally my own mother in law tracked her down one day and got it from here
My husband is now a very happy man because I make this meal for him!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ½ of a large onion, diced
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 (10 ounce) can of tomato soup
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can of tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Fry the onion and ground beef together in the skillet. Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- Grab a large spaghetti pot and cook the elbow macaroni until al dente. Drain and leave in the big pot.
- Add the ground beef to the macaroni.
- Add the soup, diced tomatoes, and paste to the mixture.
- Add the salt and garlic powder.
- Heat for about 30 minutes or until heated all the way through.
Yes– it does taste a bit like spaghetti, but it is really a mixture of spaghetti, lasagna, tacos, soups, stews and more — all in one pot. This will be a dish that you and your family will absolutely love if you decide to fix it.
In fact, it would be great to serve at a Christmas Church dinner.
What is your favorite one pot wonder meal?