When a huge box of Avocados arrived from Paradise Grove, I started looking back through the recipes I had shared on the blog to see what in the world I could make again. The only one in my family that would even consider eating avocados is me, so I had to find ways to hide them in the food or just plain decide I was going to chomp down on those delicious foods!
Avocados are great to use for any gathering because they pair wonderfully as appetizer, dip, or toppings for favorite sports foods. In fact, with March Madness right around the corner, I am going to be sure to have some recipes ready for the big game time!
- Avocado Creamy Dressing: This is a delicious twist to regular dressing and goes great on a salad, or you can use it to top your favorite Mexican Dish.
- Chewy Fudge Avocado Brownies: If you have picky eaters who say they hate avocados? Yeah– this recipe will fool them for sure. The avocados add a creaminess to the brownies and no one will never know that they are in there.
- Tomato and Avocado Salad: If you are on a health kick, this salad has a wonderful taste and goes great with a piece of grilled chicken or fish.
- Homemade Guacamole: At your next sports party, bust out the chips and dip and serve this tasty avocado dish. Authentic flavors and totally easy to prepare.
- Avocado Fries: If you seriously want something delicious — you have to try this recipe for Avocado fries. They are unbelievable!
I used my Paradise Grove Avocados to make a new dish that I found on my friend Lolli’s website. Her Bacon Avocado recipe was one that I had been drooling over since the day she posted it. Since I had so many avocados, I decided to give it a try.
Using the Paradise Grove Avocados, the taste was so creamy and scrumptious. They actually just melt in your mouth when you bite into them. At their ripest state, you can just smell the deliciousness.
I also had another recipe that I am going to be attempting soon and I will share it with you once I have had a chance to make it. It is an Avocado Chicken Salad that I had at Tumbleweed’s with a Cilantro Lime Dressing. OH MY WORD. This salad was so good and definitely needs a copycat recipe to go with it — so be looking for that recipe in the next coming weeks.
Now that you have some delicious new recipes to try, break out the avocados and start experimenting with your own!
About Paradise Grove Avocados:
Unlike Chilean and Mexican groves where the fruit is harvested when immature and therefore watery, at Paradise Grove, our farmers cultivate our Avocados until they reach optimal quality and size, at a maximum weight of 8 ounces. At that size, the fruit is about three times larger than those found in grocery stores.
They hand clip them from the trees when mature but still with green skin. This method leaves a stem nub on the fruit. Ones missing this likely weren’t hand-picked and, instead, fell to the ground.
With care, Paradise Grove can harvest the fruit nearly 10 months out of every year, from December to October.
Enter to win
One lucky winner is going to get a huge 6lb box of Paradise Grove avocados to use for themselves. To enter this giveaway, leave a comment below sharing a recipe you want to try that uses Avocado as the ingredient.
To gain an extra entry, sign up to have Jen’s Journey delivered to your email daily (in the right hand sidebar).
Other ways you can enter:
- Sign up for the Paradise Grove Newsletter
- Submit a recipe to Paradise Grove that uses Avocados
- Follow Paradise Grove on Facebook
- Follow Paradise Grove on Twitter
- Follow Paradise Grove on Pinterest
Comment below. Giveaway will end on March 20th.
I was sent a box of Avocados from Paradise Grove in order to write this review. All opinions listed are my own.