This week we have been doing our best to clean out the pantry because we leave for Florida tomorrow! I am PUMPED about this vacation, but more than that I am pumped out this recipe that I created using just the items from my pantry and refrigerator. Here is a delicious take on a Broccoli Salad.
To add crunch to this salad, I used a cup of trail mix we had leftover from our last trip. It has pepita seeds, sunflower seeds, golden raisins, dried cranberries, and almonds in it. I just took the almonds out so all of my bites were the same size.
- Salad Ingredients:
- 3-4 crowns broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parmesean cheese, shredded
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup of sunflower seed/cranberry trail mix (Kroger has the perfect combo bag of this)
- For the dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise with olive oil
- ¼ cup agave nectar (but you can use sugar if you like)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Chop Broccoli (either in food processor, or old-fashioned way). Place in large bowl. Add cheese, onion and trail mix. Set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together mayo, agave nectar and vinegar until smooth.
- Pour dressing over the broccoli mixture and stir until thoroughly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This salad can be made up really quickly and holds up well to be left in the refrigerator all day. This would make a great potluck or picnic dish.
What type of pantry recipes have you created recently?