Over the Thanksgiving holiday, I tried my hand at Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie because it is one of my son’s favorite pies. He was so surprised on Thanksgiving Day when I pulled it out of the freezer. I love blessing my kids in this way.
- 25 whole Oreos
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 package (8 Ounce) Softened Cream Cheese
- 1-1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 package (8 Ounce) Cool Whip, Thawed
- Crush the Oreos until they’re fine crumbs. Pour melted butter over the top and stir with a fork to combine. Press into pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Beat the peanut butter with the cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add in the thawed Cool Whip and beat mixture until smooth, scraping the sides as needed.
- Pour filling into crust, evening out the top with a knife or spatula. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Now that I have this pie in my cookbook, I will be making it more often to surprise him with.
What about you? Do you have any new recipes you have made recently?