This month for the Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge, we were given chocolate pudding and marshmallows as ingredients to create a yummy dessert dish. There were so many ways that I could have went with this, but I decided to keep it extremely simple and create Smores in a Jar. Think fire roasted smores, but in jar form without the fire involved.
Creating this recipe was really simple and very inexpensive. I used jarred marshmallow creme, graham crackers, and my homemade chocolate pudding recipe.
- 1 box of honey graham crackers
- 1 jar of marshmallow creme
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding or you can make your own homemade pudding
- Mix up your pudding according to your recipe or package directions. Put in the refrigerator to let it set.
- While pudding is setting up, crush graham crackers and place that in the bottom of 4 glass jars. Make sure you have enough crust that you will get some with almost ever bite.
- Once the pudding has set, fill each jar almost full with pudding.
- Top each pudding with a dollop of marshmallow creme. If you have a blow torch, you can brown the marshmallow creme at this post.
- Top the marshmallow creme with 2 broken pieces of graham crackers
This recipe was definitely a hit with my family. My husband kept raving and raving about how yummy it was — and to think — it was one of the easiest desserts I have ever fixed in my life!
Want to see what all the other bloggers in the dessert challenge fixed? Visit each of them in the linky below.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…