Since I have been eating healthy, it has been hard for me to find desserts I can eat that are not covered in processed sugars, full of gluten, and milk chocolate. However — my creative daughter came up with the most delicious dessert ever for the Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge that many of us bloggers participate in. She created Dessert Nachos — a gluten free tortilla chip drizzled with organic honey, and topped with a dollop of cream cheese, dark chocolate, and walnuts. It is a dessert that is figure friendly — and OH so good!
What we did is lay the chips out on a cookie sheet and drizzled with honey. Then we took some dark chocolate bits and put 2 or three on each chip. We stuck them in a 350 degree oven for about 5-7 minutes to warm the honey and to melt the chocolate.
Then we spread it out over the chips.
We then heated some cream cheese in the microwave so that it was more like a whipped topping and put a dollop on each chip. We then topped that with the walnuts — pure perfection!
Here is the handy dandy printable that you can use!
- 10-15 Tostito Cantina Gluten Free Tortilla Chips
- 1 handful of dark chocolate bits
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or more to your taste)
- ⅓ block of cream cheese, heated
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- Place the tortilla chips on a baking sheet and drizzle with the honey.
- Place 2-3 dark chocolate bits on each chip and then place the tray in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the chips are warming and the chocolate is melting, heat your cream cheese in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir it around until it is like whipped topping.
- Take the chips out of the oven and put a dollop of cream cheese on top.
- Sprinkle a few walnuts on each chip.
The saltiness of the chip mixed with the sweetness of the honey and chocolate are just bliss!
Want to see what other bloggers are making? Check out the list below!