I love meals that can be prepped in advance and thrown in the oven at a moment’s notice. This is one of those meals. You can serve this Sausage Breakfast Casserole for breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch — whenever you want.
- 16 oz. package hot pork breakfast sausage
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt; stir well.
- Distribute half the bread evenly in a buttered 9″ x 13″ x 2″ baking dish or you can use a cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with half the pepper, half the cheese, and half the sausage. Repeat layering using remaining bread, pepper, cheese, and sausage. Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 60 minutes, or until eggs are set. Tent with foil if the top begins to brown too quickly.
- NOTE: May be assembled ahead and refrigerated up to 12 hours before baking.
If you are looking for a really good filling breakfast that doesn’t take alot of fuss to make, you will want to make these. It takes about 5 minutes to get it ready in the pan and then you just pop them in the oven to cook while you go off to do something else!
All your bacon, eggs and cheese are in one cup and I bet you can even add hashbrowns to it if you wanted to. It’s a handheld all in one breakfast!
Here’s the recipe! Hope you enjoy
These delicious little muffin cups are only 100 calories each, so you can have a delicious breakfast and not feel guilty about it at all!
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the eggs, salt, pepper and cheese with a fork. Spray non stick spray in 12 muffin tins. Wrap each piece of bacon inside the sides of each muffin cup. That will be like your liner that everything will be nested in.
- Fill each bacon lined muffin cup 3/4 of the way with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the egg cups are golden brown. Stick a toothpick down in the center to make sure the egg is done.
- Use a knife to scoop them out of the tins. Serve immediately.
I learned last week how to make oatmeal from scratch (yeah I know–it’s like one of the easiest things on the planet to make and I had NO clue how to make it!)
I was quite proud of the end results, so I am sharing my recipe with you–just in case you are like me and did not know how to make homemade oatmeal!
If you know my family, then you know how important breakfast is around here. Our newest breakfast creation that has become my favorite is Breakfast Pizza! Never heard of? Well, read on and you will see just how scrumptious this pizza is!
1 can of cresent rolls
1 lb of sausage cooked, crumbled, and drained
1 cup of shredded cheese
3 eggs, beaten lightly
2 cups shredded frozen unthawed hashbrowns
salt and pepper to taste
1. Take cresent rolls and seperate. Place in a pan that has raised sides and seam them together to make a pizza crust.
2. Sprinkle sausage, cheese, and hashbrowns onto crust. Pour eggs over all the other ingredients
3. Salt and pepper to taste.