I have been experimenting with protein shakes lately. I am not one for a big breakfast or even breakfast at all (coffee is my breakfast), but everyone says I need to eat something. I created a delicious Banana Bread Protein Shake from a recipe I found online. I used 1st Step Pro Wellness Vanilla Whey Protein as well to create this delicious and satisfying shake!
According to 1st Step Pro Wellness:
Protein isn’t just for beefy bodybuilders: In fact, 9 out of 10 women who exercise regularly are not getting enough protein. Peri- and post-menopausal women, especially, find it harder to retain muscle tone and strength. If you want to achieve and keep a fit, toned look, whey protein can be your answer—particularly after weight training or a strenuous cardio workout or during your regular action-packed day.
- 2 scoops 1st Step Pro Wellness Vanilla Whey Powder
- 1 Banana
- ½ Cup Quaker Oatmeal (cook with boiling water)
- ¾ Cup Kellogg’s Bran Flakes
- 1 Bottle of Water
- Honey to sweeten
- Cook the oatmeal in boiling water according to the directions.
- After cooking the oatmeal, mix all the ingredients into a blender and blend.
Not only have I been drinking these shakes, but I started taking a B-12 supplement from 1st Step as well. This has helped me in SO many ways with my energy level which has been down a lot lately.
About 1st Step Pro Wellness:
Are you looking for ways to be healthier?
Are you trying to get a more toned body?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, nutritional and fitness supplements can help you live healthy, look healthy, and be healthy.
|Feeling good from the inside out gives you the confidence and energy to keep up with your busy life.
1st Step PRO-WELLNESS products are designed especially to help women like you for:
• Healthy Nutrition*
• Healthy Energy*
• Healthy Muscles*
• Healthy Weight*
• Healthy Bone & Joints*
• Healthy Heart*
If you are looking for a product to help promote your health, check out 1st Step Pro Wellness!
I was sent products to try in order to write my review. As always, opinions are my own.
I totally LOVE milkshakes. Now that I can make them at home, there is really no need to get one from a fast food or ice cream joint. In my family’s opinion — they are even better from MY kitchen.
The ingredients are all pantry staples and they are made without ice cream
- 2 cups ice
- 2 cups of milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons corn oil plus a 5-second squirt of non-stick spray for emulsification purposes
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until well incorporated. DO NOT leave out the oil. You will thank me later If you want a thicker shake, add more ice. For thinner shakes, just add more milk.
This post is linked to Newlyweds recipe linky.
I have a new love. It comes in the form of a green milkshake flavored with mint. It is H-E-A-V-E-N. Not joking. I am so glad that McCormick spices sent me all these wonderful new recipes to try out with their products, because I seriously had forgotten how easy it was to whip up a delicious dessert in minutes.
Do you see how delicious this looks? It has a hint of mint and the yummy homemade whipped cream just completes this shake!
Hello Mr. Mint Shake. Come to mama!
Here is the recipe, courtesy of McCormick’s Spices. I did double mine so that everyone in my family could have a big shake (I have 4 people in my family). You can make all your friends green with envy this year as well!
Your family will rave for days about this delicious milkshake!
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Green Food Color
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings (optional)
- Place ice cream, milk, peppermint extract and green food color in blender; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired. Serve immediately.
- 1½ cups ice water
- 1½ cups powdered milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ trays of ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons of corn oil
- 5 second spray of non-stick cooking spray for emulsification purposes
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
The Hillbilly Housewife has a lot of great tips and tricks on her site for recipes that are easy to make, and light on your budget. This one is no exception.
It tastes just like a real chocolate shake and it can save a ton of money in the long run when you want a yummy summer time shake.