I can remember when my children were little. Amazing playdates for them would be to pack a picnic lunch and head out to the nearest zoo, or head to the lake for fishing fun. Now that they are much older — 18 and 15 — those playdates are few and far between. So what makes for an epic playdate these days for a teenager?
My son has been driving now for 2 years. When he first started, I prayed that he would be a safe driver. My husband and I taught him many things that we were concerned about. I hoped and prayed that those teachings would stick when he finally got to venture out on his own. Only time would tell if it would.
We are always on the go here at the Sikora household. My hubby and son are usually out the door by 7:00 o’clock in the morning, and when I wake up, I hit the ground running. With that being the case, we always try to have quick and yummy breakfast foods that can be eaten on the go. Here are my favorite 5 quick breakfast foods for families on the go.
5 Quick Breakfast Foods for Families on the Go
- Breakfast Burritos: These can be made ahead of time and frozen for quick breakfasts. Simply take them out of the freezer, wrap them in a paper towel and heat them in the microwave until heated through — usually about 3-4 minutes.
- Bagels and Cream Cheese: I usually keep a bag of bagels in the refrigerator along with cream cheese since these are super quick and don’t need to be heated. Just grab and go!
- Fruit cups: I make these up with strawberries, grapes, blueberries a little yogurt in the bottom, and sprinkled with granola on top. These are great for my daughter who is really trying to watch what she eats.
- Meal replacement shakes: While these are not what I would consider breakfast, sometimes that is all the meal I have time for. When I have a busy day ahead, I will grab one of these just to make sure I get my breakfast choices in.
- Aunt Jemima Lil Griddles: With new Lil’ Griddles from Aunt Jemima frozen breakfast, families now have big breakfast taste, bite-sized. Every batch is made from scratch with real ingredients- like eggs, milk and sugar. I love these little delicious goodies that can be found in the frozen food section of your local grocery store.
The new Aunt Jemima frozen breakfast Lil’ Griddles line has three delicious bite-sized options for family fun; new Aunt Jemima frozen Blueberry Mini pancakes, Aunt Jemima frozen Mini pancakes, and Aunt Jemima frozen Cinnamon French Toast sticks. The french toast sticks are my absolute favorite.
Aunt Jemima frozen breakfast Lil’ Griddles are a big help for moms who want to serve her family a warm breakfast in the morning, just like she’d make it herself. For me, this gives me the peace of mind that I need knowing that my family is eating what they should be eating.
Aunt Jemima frozen breakfast takes great pride in making frozen pancakes, waffles and French toast just like moms across America make breakfast in their own kitchens — their griddles are just a little bit bigger. Aunt Jemima frozen breakfast puts love and care into every step – from stirring the batter and pouring it on a hot griddle to flipping the fluffy and bubbling pancakes, just like you do.
The goal of Aunt Jemima frozen breakfast is to deliver every batch just like you’d make it yourself. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, and Aunt Jemima frozen breakfast knows for moms, starting her family out with a warm breakfast makes the morning, and the entire day, even more special.
Grab a coupon for Lil’ Griddles
Think you might want to try the new Aunt Jemima Lil’ Griddles? Here is a coupon for so that you can try out the Lil’ Griddles for yourself. That’s right — you get to try them for FREE!
What is your favorite “on the go” breakfast item? Do you think that the new Lil Griddles would be a perfect fit for your family?
Thank you to Aunt Jemima Frozen Breakfast for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.