Who’s excited about Monsters University that comes out next month? I know I am? If you have any little ones at home, check out the free printables to go along with the movie.
Simply click on each photo to download the pdf for your little monster. Hope they enjoy the fun.
“Like” MONSTERS UNIVERSITY on Facebook: http://facebook.com/PixarMonstersUniversity
“Follow” Disney/Pixar on Twitter: @DisneyPixar
Visit the website: http://www.Disney.com/MonstersU
MONSTERS UNIVERSITY comes to theaters on June 21st!
Note: No compensation was received for sharing these kid-friendly activity sheets from Disney/Pixar.
I received a complimentary giftcard in exchange for this post. All opinions listed are my own.
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and there is nothing sweeter to me than having a breakfast date with your sweetheart! I won’t be home for Valentine’s this year, so I thought I would share a great deal with you that Denny’s has going on right now.
Visit the Christmas Your Way website and snag a cool FREE Christmas planner — 100 Days of Christmas. There are less than 100 days left until Christmas and lots of planning to do!
This year in our homeschool, we are studying the election process. Since this is an election year, I figure what better way to do so, right? Here are a few election and government homeschool freebies you can use in your homeschool
Robert will be turning 18 this year. He is going to miss his first time voting by one month! However, that is not going to stop me from teaching him about the voting process. I want him to know WHY we vote like we do and how to choose the best candidate based on God’s principles and not man’s principles.
If you are a homeschooler looking for something fun to do with your homeschoolers, take a break from your every day studies and spend some time getting to know the candidates and the whole election process. Watch a few movies about Presidents and history — one of my favorites is of course National Treasure :). Make yummy snack foods of red, white, and blue.
To top off our studies, at the end of the year, we are going to visit our state capital and ya never know — we might even visit Washington D.C!
- Symbols of the Us Government Activity Pack
- Presidents and Elections Unit Study from Oklahoma Homeschool
- How the President of the United States is Elected
- Create a Presidents Lapbook using this neat freebie from Homeschool Share.
- Play this Road to the White House Game.
- Government Social Studies Pack from Ms Chrissy B
- Presidential themed Math Unit from Teachers Pay Teachers
- Watch a video on the book So You Want to Be President
- Throw and Election Party and serve some of these delicious recipes.
- Tons of Election Day Freebies from Apples for the Teacher
- The Busy Teacher’s Cafe has a whole unit study on the Election Process
- Congress for Kids website
Do you have any freebies that we can add to this list for the election?
Redbox has a really cool program going on right now through March 17th! Anytime you use the Redbox to rent movies using my referral link I get a free movie! Wanna know the best part? If you have never rented from Redbox, and this is your first time. . .you get a free movie too!
Just click here to sign up for their newsletter and they will send you free codes ALL the time! I rarely ever have to pay for a movie when I go rent something.
When she wants to bake, I no longer have to tell her, “I don’t have time.”
When she gets decorator gel all over my counter or slings icing from here to kingdom come, I just look around and think, “I wish my mom would have not cared about the messes that were made in the kitchen.” I just smile at her, shake my head and thank God that she loves to cook. I overlook the mess because I want her to understand that life does not have to be perfect.
She is an artist by heart. It is her passion. It shows in everything she does–even her sugar cookies! Thanks to Hershey and all the stuff they sent me, we were able to get in the kitchen and bake another batch of Christmas cookies, which she is taking to a friends house tomorrow.
Here is the recipe that we used for these yummy cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl: beat 1 egg with 1 cup softened butter or margarine until light and fluffy. At low speed of an electric mixer add 1 teaspoon vanilla and the flour mixture. Mix until combined, using hands if necessary. Cover dough and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove dough from the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll chilled dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thick. Cut dough into desired shapes. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- assorted food coloring
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
- Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, use a pastry bag, or paint them with a brush.
Just thought I would take a moment to share with you about what is coming up next week here at For Such a Time as This.
Next week is Thanksgiving recipe week!
All week long!
Next week, I am going to share with you all my very favorite Thanksgiving recipes! These are tried and true and my family’s favorites.
I also have some homeschool updates, a couple of great marriage posts, and something really neat that God has been showing me lately.
Join me next week! If you don’t want to miss a post, be sure and subscribe by email and have For Such a Time as This delivered to your inbox. Just for doing so, you get my very first E-Book, Family Favorite Desserts, for free!
Subscribe to For Such a Time as This by Email