Who’s excited about Monsters University that comes out next month? I know I am? If you have any little ones at home, check out the free printables to go along with the movie.
Simply click on each photo to download the pdf for your little monster. Hope they enjoy the fun.
“Like” MONSTERS UNIVERSITY on Facebook: http://facebook.com/PixarMonstersUniversity
“Follow” Disney/Pixar on Twitter: @DisneyPixar
Visit the website: http://www.Disney.com/MonstersU
MONSTERS UNIVERSITY comes to theaters on June 21st!
Note: No compensation was received for sharing these kid-friendly activity sheets from Disney/Pixar.
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and there is nothing sweeter to me than having a breakfast date with your sweetheart! I won’t be home for Valentine’s this year, so I thought I would share a great deal with you that Denny’s has going on right now.
Spark some romance and warm some hearts with Denny’s this Valentine’s Day as America’s Diner is offering guests a free cup of its new coffee blends on Feb. 14. Earlier this year, the restaurant chain unveiled three new, improved blends using Arabica beans for a smoother, richer flavor– the Signature Diner Roast, Dark Diner Roast and Signature Decaf Roast.
Enter to win
To help celebrate your breakfast date with your mate, I’m giving away a $20 gift card to Denny’s. Use the Rafflecopter below to enter this giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
While you are having your coffee, be sure and check out their delicious new complete skillet meals.
Denny’s is also paying special attention to another key consumer driver: value. The “Complete Skillet Meals” menu features affordable three-course meals starting at $8.99. Guests can enjoy more than 100 possible meal combinations to satisfy any taste and budget. With so many delicious options, diners will have trouble deciding how to start – a cup of hearty soup, a Denny’s garden or Caesar salad or seasonal fruit. Next, choose from one of six delicious dishes including the Prime Rib Loaded Potato Skillet, Country-Fried Steak Skillet, Chicken Loaded Potato Skillet, Pot Roast Skillet, Bacon ChipotleChicken Skillet and the Hash Skillet. Complete the meal with a tempting dessert – Mini Apple Crisp, Mini Banana Split, Pecan Pie or Denny’s famous Pancake Puppies® Sundae.
The limited time menu also features three breakfast options including the Banana Caramel French Toast Skillet, Western Skillet and the Fit Fare® Veggie Skillet.
Head on out to your nearest Denny’s and give their new coffees and skillet meals a try!
Visit the Christmas Your Way website and snag a cool FREE Christmas planner — 100 Days of Christmas. There are less than 100 days left until Christmas and lots of planning to do!
This year in our homeschool, we are studying the election process. Since this is an election year, I figure what better way to do so, right? Here are a few election and government homeschool freebies you can use in your homeschool
Robert will be turning 18 this year. He is going to miss his first time voting by one month! However, that is not going to stop me from teaching him about the voting process. I want him to know WHY we vote like we do and how to choose the best candidate based on God’s principles and not man’s principles.
If you are a homeschooler looking for something fun to do with your homeschoolers, take a break from your every day studies and spend some time getting to know the candidates and the whole election process. Watch a few movies about Presidents and history — one of my favorites is of course National Treasure . Make yummy snack foods of red, white, and blue.
To top off our studies, at the end of the year, we are going to visit our state capital and ya never know — we might even visit Washington D.C!
- Symbols of the Us Government Activity Pack
- Presidents and Elections Unit Study from Oklahoma Homeschool
- How the President of the United States is Elected
- Create a Presidents Lapbook using this neat freebie from Homeschool Share.
- Play this Road to the White House Game.
- Government Social Studies Pack from Ms Chrissy B
- Presidential themed Math Unit from Teachers Pay Teachers
- Watch a video on the book So You Want to Be President
- Throw and Election Party and serve some of these delicious recipes.
- Tons of Election Day Freebies from Apples for the Teacher
- The Busy Teacher’s Cafe has a whole unit study on the Election Process
- Congress for Kids website
Do you have any freebies that we can add to this list for the election?
Redbox has a really cool program going on right now through March 17th! Anytime you use the Redbox to rent movies using my referral link I get a free movie! Wanna know the best part? If you have never rented from Redbox, and this is your first time. . .you get a free movie too!
Just click here to sign up for their newsletter and they will send you free codes ALL the time! I rarely ever have to pay for a movie when I go rent something.
Happy New Year!
I was looking around the Internet this week and found some really good freebies that were just too good not to pass on! Some are time sensitive, so be sure and check the expiration dates on them before you head out to use the coupons or nab the freebies.
On another note, before I share what I found freebie wise, guess what I bought over the weekend last week? I purchased a cooling unit for my laptop! SCORE! I kept having problems with my laptop shutting off and I did not want to pay the outrageous price from the store, so I umped on E-bay and found one for only $7.00 and it works like a charm! No more overheating on my laptop!
Here are the freebies I found.
- Use the coupon here to get a FREE Jr. Shake at Arby’s. No purchase required. Valid at participating locations only. Coupon expires 1/2/11.
- Waffle House is offering a printable coupon good for a FREE hashbrowns. Coupon expires 1/15/11. Click here to find a location near you.
- Here to a new link to sign up for a FREE cup of Yoplait Yogurt. This offer is available to the U.S., while supplies last.
- Athenos Greek Yogurt is priced around $1 at Walmart. Use the $2/2 coupon here to get 2 for FREE.
- Quick Chek is offering a printable coupon for a FREE 20 oz. Full Throttle Fountain Drink. You must be a fan to print the coupon. Offer expires 1/2/10. Click here for a location near you.
- Visit the website here to make a reservation for a FREE Spicy Chicken Biscuit at Chick-fil-A. Free sandwiches will be available 1/3/11 through 1/8/11. Click here to find a location near you.
- Request a FREE Samaritan’s Purse Weekly Prayer Calendar. This offer appears to ship to the U.S., U.S. Territories and Armed Forces.
- You may be able to find Jergens trial size products for around $1 in the travel section at Target, Walmart and CVS. Use this $1 off printable coupon to get it for FREE.
- Sign up to receive a FREE Skin Care Sample Pack from Somme Institute. This offer is available to the U.S., while supplies last.
- Get a free sample of Natural Nibbles Dog Treats, made from high quality ingredients to exceed nutritional guides. This offer is available to the U.S., while supplies last.
- Sign up to receive a FREE Natural Nutrition Cat Food Sample. This offer is available to the U.S., while supplies last.
- Sign up to receive emails from ALL YOU and get a FREE download the All You Holiday Season Pie Guide. This offer is available internationally, for a limited time.
- Proven Winners is offering a free Gardener’s Idea Book when you sign up for their eNewsletter. This offer is available while supplies last, to the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada.
- Amazon is offering a FREE Gooseberry Patch Cookie Recipe eBook download (a $0.99 value). You can read this book on Kindle device or download free programs to read other places: PC, MAC, Blackberry, Android, iPhone or iPad. This offer is available for a limited time only.
Computer and Internet
- Amazon is offering a FREE $5 Video on Demand Credit when you follow the instructions on the page here. This offer is available internationally, through 1/1/11.
If I find any more freebies this weekend, I will add them to this post!
When she wants to bake, I no longer have to tell her, “I don’t have time.”
When she gets decorator gel all over my counter or slings icing from here to kingdom come, I just look around and think, “I wish my mom would have not cared about the messes that were made in the kitchen.” I just smile at her, shake my head and thank God that she loves to cook. I overlook the mess because I want her to understand that life does not have to be perfect.
She is an artist by heart. It is her passion. It shows in everything she does–even her sugar cookies! Thanks to Hershey and all the stuff they sent me, we were able to get in the kitchen and bake another batch of Christmas cookies, which she is taking to a friends house tomorrow.
Here is the recipe that we used for these yummy cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl: beat 1 egg with 1 cup softened butter or margarine until light and fluffy. At low speed of an electric mixer add 1 teaspoon vanilla and the flour mixture. Mix until combined, using hands if necessary. Cover dough and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove dough from the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll chilled dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thick. Cut dough into desired shapes. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- assorted food coloring
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
- Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, use a pastry bag, or paint them with a brush.
Just thought I would take a moment to share with you about what is coming up next week here at For Such a Time as This.
Next week is Thanksgiving recipe week!
All week long!
Next week, I am going to share with you all my very favorite Thanksgiving recipes! These are tried and true and my family’s favorites.
I also have some homeschool updates, a couple of great marriage posts, and something really neat that God has been showing me lately.
Join me next week! If you don’t want to miss a post, be sure and subscribe by email and have For Such a Time as This delivered to your inbox. Just for doing so, you get my very first E-Book, Family Favorite Desserts, for free!
Subscribe to For Such a Time as This by Email